CNA Classes in Mississippi
by Zip Code
Enter your zip code to see schools.
CNA Classes in Mississippi
Mississippi CNA Training
In this economy, it can be really hard for a person to stay optimistic about his or her financial future. However, the more education a person has, the more job opportunities that become available to him or her. One great career choice that can be achieved with just a small amount of extra education is becoming a CNA.
Becoming a CNA in Mississippi
In order to be eligible to take the Mississippi CNA certification exam, individual must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- He or she must have completed a state-approved facility-based nursing assistant training program and has never been certified as a CNA. The individual must pass both parts of the NNAAP exam within 4 months of the date that he or she was hired.
- He or she must be currently enrolled in an LPN or RN program that is approved by the state of Mississippi.
- He or she must have graduated from a state-approved LPN or RN program. He or she must submit their examination application, fees, and a copy of their LPN or RN training certificate or diploma.
- He or she must have completed an LPN or RN program.
- He or she may become a Mississippi CNA through the reciprocity process if he or she is listed on another state's CNA registry with an 'active' status. An individual in this situation may take the NNAAP exam, and if he or she passes, may begin working as CNA in Mississippi.
- He or she must have a lapsed CNA certification. If the individual fails one portion of the exam on his or her first try, the individual must retake an approved CNA training course.
The written exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions that must be answered within 2 hours.
Mississippi CNA Resources
Mississippi CNA Certification
Mississippi CNA Certification RequirementsTo get your CNA certificate in Mississippi, you first need to complete the required course work and/ or training program. You will need to pass the Certified Nursing Assistant Exam. Applicants must then submit fingerprint cards. Licenses/certificates and will not be issued without the results of a state and federal background check coming back in good standing. As prescribed by federal law, the typical Mississippi CNA certificate program lasts approximately 8 to 13 weeks to gain 75 accredited hours of CNA course work and 100 hours of clinical rotation. Individual schools often have special requirements to begin training. After passing the Certified Nurse Assistant exam, you must be placed on the Mississippi Nurse Aide Registry.
Required Hours for Mississippi CNA CertificationIn Mississippi, you are required to complete a minimum of 75 hours of CNA course work and 100 hours of clinical rotation before challenging the state CNA licensing exam. The nurse aide classes typically last 2-6 months. Individual schools often have special requirements to begin the training program.
Mississippi CNA Certification PrerequisitesIn Mississippi, CNA prerequisites include a current background check, two fingerprint cards, Photo ID, two photos (passport size). A negative TB test within the past 6 months and proof of immunizations will be required. You will also be required to show a high school diploma or GED.
Mississippi CNA Licensing Resources
80 CNA Schools in Mississippi
- 2800 W. Main Street Tupelo, MS 38801